A FURTHER SERVICE THAT AGM SOLUTIONS PROVIDES IS DPO AS A SERVICE.
The DPO is responsible for the protection of personal data and is a figure introduced by the new European Regulation 2016/679 in force since 25 May 2018.
The DPO must be appointed when:
- the processing is carried out by a public authority or a public body (with the exception of the Judicial Authorities in the exercise of their duties);
- the processing operations consist of and require regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale;
- the processing concerns, sensitive data or those relating to criminal convictions and crimes on a large scale.
The responsibilities assigned to the DPO are:
- Provide advice to the Data Controller or the Data Processor on the obligations laid down by the Regulation 2016/679.
- Monitor the compliance with the Regulation
- Act as a point of contact for data subjects to exercise their rights
- Cooperate with the Data Protection Authority.