BUSINESS CONTINUITY INCLUDES ALL ACTIVITIES AIMED AT REDUCING DAMAGE/IMPACTS CAUSED BY DISASTERS OR SECURITY INCIDENTS AT ACCEPTABLE LEVELS BY COMBINING PREVENTIVE CONTROLS AND RECOVERY ACTIVITIES.
Business Continuity objectives and related Disaster Recovery systems require careful preliminary analysis of business processes. After an in-depth analysis, the ICT architect of AGM Solutions is able to offer the customer the best technologies based on their specific needs minimizing the impacts on the existing infrastructure.
AGM Solutions can integrate Business Continuity processes with smartphone apps that allow to follow the protocols and ensure the security of business and people even during the critical phases of an emergency.
Business continuity is divided into the following phases/activities:
- BIA (Business Impact Analysis): analysis that provides an estimate of the impacts on Business processes and resources.
- RA (Risk Analysis): estimate of the risk value associated with the resources that support Business processes.
- Joint analysis of the BIA and RA results to relate the impacts and causes in order to identify the best Business Continuity strategy.
- Drafting of the Risk Treatment Plan and the continuity plans (Business Continuity Plan): emergency plan that guides the administration in the management of the risks to which it is subject, defining and listing the actions to be taken before, during and after an emergency to ensure the continuity of the service.
The Disaster Recovery Plan specifies, at the technical level, the precautions to be taken and the activities to be carried out to secure data and business functions from disastrous attacks or events, as well as to restore systems and infrastructures necessary for the delivery of core business services.
- Ensuring the continuation of activities by minimising or eliminating interruptions in the provision of ICT services.